Good afternoon my little stars,
So one of the things I’m going to be working on this year is dedication, especially to my blog page. I don’t deserve to use the name if I’m not writing! So sorry about the hold on posts and stay with me as we start a new journey together.
I just realized it’s been almost a month since I posted on here last. That is an amazing idea, as I honestly thought it had only been a week or so since I had posted last. Whoops…
I’m here now though! I have to say, the last month has been a huge emotional roller coaster. A lot of things happened (that I REALLY hoped wouldn’t) and a lot of amazing things that I wasn’t expecting also happened. Good and bad, as always!
Sorry I’ve been gone. My back is officially starting to go out, so I have been in and out of both the hospital and the Dr.’s office for the past couple of weeks. Actually I have a Dr.’s appointment every week for the next month. Not to be whiny or anything, but this has sucked pretty bad. On the bright side, I should be up and running for ski season this year, which is always, always a good thing!
For the past 4 days, it has been pouring rain and it finally got cold enough last night that a little magic happened. It snowed, just a sprinkle across the top of the mountains that surround my town. It’s a gorgeous sight though, a simple reminder of the season that is coming up. For some reason, winter has always been the most magical season for me.
Speaking of magical…this is a picture of my cat in her Christmas hoodie. She absolutely hates it. She also can’t walk in it very well and usually flops over on her side when we stick her in it, but doesn’t she just look so cute?
I realized that I don’t take nearly as many pictures as I would like to. I used to be that annoying person that ALWAYS had a camera and was snapping pictures of anything and everything, but I just haven’t for the past couple of months. It makes me sort of sad honestly, because I feel like I’m missing out on documenting life. So I’m going to start being a photography addict again and I will use an actual camera (it’s in writing now so I can’t back out!!) instead of only relying on Instagram. Don’t get me wrong, I love Instagram (I’m addicted. It’s sad) but it doesn’t have the size or the quality of photos that I really want. Compromise my good readers, is key.
I think I’m going to go lay down for a bit so my back doesn’t seize up.
Love you guys,
This post is going to be honest, raw and maybe a little bit emotional. You’ve been warned guys!
Mitch has been gone a couple of days and won’t be back till Sunday. And honestly, it’s making me…well sad. He’s become so much of my other half that it feels weird to not have him around. Sleeping alone for the first time in absolutely forever has been pretty awful too. I told him that he has to buy me a stuffed animal next time that he leaves. Thankfully I have a cat, but she doesn’t really like to snuggle very much. I also can’t really squeeze her like I can a teddy bear haha. That would probably hurt the sweetie.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not in total distress that he isn’t here. I’m still technically functioning normally, going to work, hanging out with friends etc. I just feel like part of me is missing. I guess there is something missing though haha. It’s corny but the concept of distance makes the heart grow fonder is pretty true. I have tried long distance relationships in the past and they don’t seem to work out for me, but spending a week or so away from my sweetheart definitely makes me appreciate the little things a lot more. I’m so excited for him to come home. Also he’s off spending time with his family, which he REALLY needed to do, especially since we are looking at moving to a different state in the next 8 months or so.
I still miss him though and to be honest, there’s part of me that really wishes he was here, as selfish of a thought as that is. You know, once my Mom made a comment about how I might have Separation Anxiety and I’m starting to think she’s right. If I’m very attached to the person and they leave for more than a day or two, I sort of freak out. I just get really sad and I feel sort of abandoned. Thankfully, talking to some of my friends, I’m not the only one that feels this way when their other half leaves for a while, especially if you’re practically living together like Mitch and I are.
I feel sort of pathetic for this post, because I kinda sound like a sad, clingly girlfriend who is moping. Maybe I am! That’s why this is my blog though, so you guys just have to deal with my mopey ass :P. I’ll post something less whiny later, but for now I’m going to go sit down with my sketch book and a reading book. With my cat and in my pajamas because that’s just how I feel right now!
Oh boy guys, summer is almost over. Thankfully though, this simply means that fall is about to begin, not the world ending or anything. As much as I love tank tops and warm weather I am excited to break out the scarves (honestly, I never put them away. Scarves and tank tops are my jam guys) and order a pumpkin spice latte when the day comes. And a maple latte from The Daily Coffee Bar. Aaaaand now I’m craving coffee. Hold on guys.
Okay I’m back! Yes, I went a re-filled my coffee cup haha. It’s no pumpkin spice latte, but I have this new creamer, it’s the White Chocolate Caramel Latte flavor from Coffee Mate and it’s sooooo good. As soon as this bottle is done though, I’m going to have to see if I can track down some of the Cinnamon Vanilla creamer (from Coffee Mate). It’s my fall favorite :).
I’ve also broken out my fall scented candles. I want to go buy a few more, but I’m going to wait till I have burned through the ones that I currently have first. I’ve had the Mahogany Teakwood (which smells like a softer, less potent version of Abercrombie and Fitch actually) burning almost every day. Of course, it’s almost time to break out the Leaves candle (BTW I get all of my candles from Bath and Body Works or Bed, Bath and Beyond. The first mentioned ones are from BBW). Bath and Body works has also started releasing their Pumpkin scents so I know Imma be buying far more of those bad boys than I should.
I just really love fall okay! There’s just something about fall and winter that make me so happy. Obviously SKIING!!!! But I also love how everything looks covered in fresh powder, snuggling in a blanket with a hot cup of cider or coco, board games (I might be addicted to Scrabble. Just a little bit) decorating the Christmas tree, Christmas Eve services, everything. I just love this time of year so so very much!
So tell me guys, what is your favorite time of year!?
I think I need to cut back on the coffee guys. I can barely function in the morning without it which isn’t exactly good. Oh well, baby steps, right? So I’ve been thinking a lot recently about personal goals, how to really take the bull by the horns and start working towards them. Obviously writing them down helps, but I’m thinking about maybe getting a dry erase board and putting it up on my wall, add some photos maybe too. That way, everyday when I wake up I look at them and remember what I want to focus on with my day. What do you guys think? The goals I have right now are pretty simple, but I fully believe they can/will make a big impact on my life. I’ll share just a few on here and maybe I will put a picture of my goal board up when I have gotten it…well on my wall haha.
1. Speak kinder words to others AND myself. This one is actually inspired by a quote from J.M. Barrie “Always be a little kinder than necessary.”
2. Don’t be afraid of what’s coming in the future, be it bills, sickness, or simple uncertainty. You know, I’ve actually been thinking about getting a tattoo that says
Surrender to what is, let go of what was and have faith in what will be. It’s sort of been my mantra recently, especially when it comes to my relationship.
3. Take care of my body. Drink enough water, eat more vegetables, go on hikes. Think kind things when I look in the mirror, and remember what my body can DO instead of what it ISN’T.
4. Aaaaand do my laundry more. Not exactly an exciting one but it needs to be on the list. I’m lazy and almost would rather go buy new clothing over washing what I have. Oh boy haha.
So the back is finally starting to heal up some. Got re-aligned by an awesome chiropractor (had to go in twice, that’s how messed up I was. Sigh…bills) and am finally off the oxycodone. Nasty, nasty stuff. Yoga, stretching, hot tubs and back rubs from my sweetie have helped more than anything else.
I think that’s it for right now y’all!
Oh boy guys,
Mitch and I have been cooking…like a lot. It’s kinda impressive, insane and really surprising. Especially since I don’t really like to cook for people, because I don’t really follow recipes very well. I sort of just throw a ton of stuff in there and pray that it’ll turn out okay! And if it doesn’t, well I’m the only one affected.
I have been SUPER obsessed with Pinterest recently though and I have been pinning to my Food and Drink board like crazy. Mitch got sort of interested, found one that he wanted to make and cooked away! I’ll stick a few photos of what we have been making, with links to the recipe! Since we really don’t take pictures of our food after it’s made, I’ll steal the pictures from the original Pinterest posts. So all credit goes to whoever took the photo and stuck it on Pinterest :)!
Creamy Grilled Chicken Piccata
The recipe is from http://www.plainchicken.com
It was so frickin good. My mouth is watering right now, seriously
I’ve made Pesto and Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Pepper and Garlic Mahi Mahi (OH BOY YUM), and Mitch has made a really awesome Chicken and Pasta bake, Maple Grilled Salmon and something else that I can’t remember right now.
So I’m hungry…it’s almost noon. I’m gonna go eat a string cheese stick guys because I love them!
I love you guys too!
These past two weeks have been completely insane. I had to take a trip to the ER, had my first Country Bake (basically its a bunch of shrimp, muscles, squid, potatoes, sausage and corn all on newspaper on a table. You just grab and eat! It’s like heaven), back massages, demon cats (don’t ask) and learning how to really love someone. It’s crazy and I love it. Lately I’ve had good days, hard days and most definitely overwhelming days. More than anything, I feel like I’m constantly reminded of the power of hard work, the value of a solid support system and the magic of a few days off spending time with people that I adore.
As a special way of managing stress and keeping inspired I’ve decided to start a new giant journal of ideas for the upcoming autumn and winter seasons. For example…what I want to do/accomplish in the month of August. It feels good to plan ahead. I’m somehow very comforted by this small, simple habit. It’s also become a journal for me as a simple record for what’s been going on in my life.
This has been a wonderful summer… maybe the best one ever. More later guys!
Hello my lovely people!
I have so many mosquito bites right now. Not sure if it’s because of the construction works opposite where I live or the season but MAN, mosquitoes are practically eating me alive. On the bright side, I can FINALLY shut my window (which had a hole in the screen, thus allowing the vicious blood-sucking monsters in my bedroom with me) because I got my AirCon installed! Booyah! I know in Montana it doesn’t get nearly as hot as back home (which is Southern Oklahoma, if ya didn’t know!) but it’s been almost 100 degrees for the past two weeks and I was dying. I cannot tell you guys how much I miss winter right now. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the sunshine, warmth, flowers and cute clothing of summer. The thing is…my favorite activity aka skiing…yea doesn’t work so well in the middle of summer unless you go super North to somewhere like Whistler for some awesome summer skiing!
So! I dyed my hair last night guys. May not be as exciting for y’all as it is for me, but I was super happy with the results. My hair is naturally a sort of dark (dirty dishwater) blonde, though I have been dyeing it brown for…uhm…3 years? 4 maybe? I don’t know. A LONG TIME OKAY. Anyway, I had it dyed back blonde for the wedding that I was the maid of honor in and I finally got it dyed back a soft, warm brown (think….watered down coffee. That warm, reddish-golden brown color. Though watered down coffee doesn’t sound very pretty, it is, I swear. Just…don’t drink it). Having it back to the color I love makes me REALLY happy. Ahem. Yea.
Oooooookay guys! I think that’s going to be all for today, but I will probably say Hi later today again.
So one of my friends challenged me to do the 50 Facts thingy and I figured it would be a great idea since you guys don’t know me super well yet. So I have spent about an hour, writing all of the random facts I could think of for you. You should feel special :). So…here goes nothing!
- I have been skiing since 6th grade. So about 8 years this season.
- I hate all feet. My own, other’s. I can’t get a pedicure because that requires someone touching my feet and it freaks me out.
- Rain instantly makes my day 10x better, I love it!
- I can forge my Dad’s signature perfectly because he taught me it so he didn’t have to sign paperwork it school haha.
- I can’t wait to have kids of my own (well I mean…I am going to wait. 5 years or more, but I can still be excited!!).
- I am lactose intolerant, so I have Almond Milk with my cereal, but for some reason cheese doesn’t make me sick. Yay cheese!
- I think little r’s look stupid, so I always capitalize them when I’m writing.
- I sing really loudly in the shower because I think it’s hilarious.
- Mashed potatoes are one of my very favorite foods.
- I have hearing damage from being around construction sites when I was a little kid.
- I was once attacked by an Emu at a petting zoo, and have been petrified of them ever since.
- My boyfriend likes to say “No” (to questions like can we go to the movies), because apparently my pouting face is very amusing.
- My money management skills suck.
- I once hit and killed a chipmunk when skiing at Bridger Bowl for the first time. I still almost cry when I think about it.
- I stockpile the Mahogany and Teak-wood Bath and Body Works candles. They smell like a less potent version of Abercrombie and Fitch.
- I have really bad summer allergies. I have to start the summer by taking a steroid for a week, then I take allegraD, nasonex and patanol twice a day, every day.
- I once tried to drag a huge bookcase up a set of stairs by myself, and ended up giving myself an asthma attack. And I made it worse because I thought it was super funny and couldn’t stop laughing long enough to take my inhaler.
- I have really bad luck. For example my first “hang out/date” with Mitch (my now boyfriend) ended with me getting my car stuck in the snow on his driveway. He then spent the next hour and some trying to dig my car out of the snow. It quite impressed me though haha.
- I have a planner with me all the time and I write everything possible in it. I can look back on what happened and have memories, and I can’t forget anything. Win win!
- I can be a pretty good cook when I actually try, but I have set things on fire before.
- I am slightly obsessed with my cat, Homer. She (yes…Homer is a lady cat. My roommate and I adopted her, thus the weird-ish name) is 14 years old, is missing a front tooth, has a really bad attitude and enjoys tripping me when I’m trying to walk up/down the stairs. But I still adore her.
- I nicknamed Mitch, Mister. No idea but it just stuck.
- I clean and organize things when I’m upset or stressed. Normally I absolutely hate cleaning.
- College-wise I’m on my way to becoming a Certified Nurse Midwife.
- I’m taking a semester off school though, because I’m not enjoying it right now.
- Break out a bottle of bubbles and I get really excited.
- I go to Mitch’s Nana before anyone else when I need advice.
- My skin is my biggest insecurity every, but I’m learning to love it. Or at least trying to.
- I can’t wrap presents to save my life!!! I literally have an entire stockpile of gift bags so I never have to worry about wrapping a present.
- Speaking of presents, Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. Not because of presents, but because of snow, decorations, family time and hot chocolate!
- If I ever have a son, I really want to name him Anson. Which, interestingly enough, is Mitch’s Grandpa’s middle name.
- There’s a restaurant here in town called Over the Tapas and I think it’s my favorite place to eat ever.
- I have a ton of tattoo ideas and I plan to have quite a few in the future.
- I consider grocery shopping together to be a date. Is that lame?
- Pacific Rim and Pitch Perfect are two of my favorite movies ever.
- I get scared really easily. My co-workers have a running toll on how many times they scare me, and it has resulted in them getting water bottles, notepads, pens and rubber duckies thrown at them many times.
- I am addicted to Instagram and I am not ashamed.
- I have been cliff diving off a 60 foot cliff several times, and will totally do it again if I ever get the chance.
- Ink Master and Tattoo Nightmares are Mitch and mine’s addiction TV shows. We love them sooo much!
- I don’t really like balloons at all. They always seem to pop right as I walk next to them, and like I said earlier I get scared too easily for stuff like that.
- I really like chapstick. Like, it’s an addiction and I have a chapstick hoarding problem. I once found 8 of them in a single pocket of my backpack.
- I love having my nails painted pretty colors, but I am so right handed that I always mess up when I try and paint with my left hand. I’m also too cheap to pay for them to be done at a salon. Sigh.
- I go golfing with Mitch solely so I can drive the golf cart and rampage around the course.
- I snort when I laugh.
- I work at a HotSpring Hot Tub store. Its really awesome and I love my job more than anything.
- I love Audi’s more than almost any car besides an Aston Martin Vanquish.
- I used to have a pet otter named Jesse after Jesse James.
- Big crowds scare the crap out of me. They make me super uncomfortable and nervous and sometimes give me panic attacks.
- Furry armpits on girls freak me out.
- I once ate dog food simply to make my Mom mad. I hadn’t eaten dinner because I didn’t like it, so I ate some dog food instead. In my defense, I was 5.
So there you have it! 50 completely strange and random facts about me. Can I just say how hard that was to come up with everything?